Spouse Visa

Your partner needs to be overseas at the time you apply, or have only been back in New Zealand for less than 3 months. You will normally receive a decision on your visa application within 12 months. If you want your partner (spouse or de facto) to join you in New Zealand, they may apply for a Partner of a Student work visa or a Partner of a Student visitor visa, provided that they meet certain policy requirements. Your dependent children may apply for a visitor visa, or a student visa if they are attending school.