Schengen Visa

A Schengen visa is an official document that allows non-European citizens to travel to all the 26 European countries which are a part of the Schengen area. If you have a Schengen visa, then without any problem you can cross the border of another Schengen country without any need to obtain a visa. There are various types of Schengen visas, but the most common allows you to stay for 90 days to 6 months.
What is the Schengen Area?
A Schengen area is a group of 26 European countries which have closed the border restrictions or control between each other. These countries are Austria, Greece, Malta, Portugal, Estonia, Latvia, Sweden, Belgium, Finland, Hungary, Netherlands, Switzerland, Slovakia, Liechtenstein, France, Iceland, Czech Republic, Norway, Slovenia, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain and Luxembourg.

Types of Schengen Visas

There are four types of Schengen Visas which we have mentioned down below
Type A Visa – A type A Visa is also known as an Airport Transit visa. This visa allows a citizen of non-Schengen countries to wait for their flight in the International Airport which is located in the Schengen area. The person who is holding a Type A visa is not allowed to travel into a Schengen area.
Type B Visa – This visa is issued to those non-Schengen citizens whose journey is less than 5 days.
Type C Visa – It is the most common type of visa which is provided by the embassies of the Schengen countries. It allows non-Schengen citizens to travel and stay in the Schengen areas for 6 months.
Type D Visa – A type D visa is given to non-Schengen citizens who want to study, work and live in Schengen countries. This visa is valid for 3 months to 1 year.

How can we apply for a Schengen visa?

If you want to apply for the Schengen visa then you need to contact the consular authorities of the country you wish to travel to.
Documents Required
• A Letter which explains the purpose of your visit
• Your Travel Insurance Certificate
• Your Return Journey tickets copy
• Your Visa application form
• Copy of your Passport
• Proof of your means of subsistence